Man, it's cold! There is nothing more warming than a spiced soup these days. Here is my favorite winter soup, very simple and very quick, if you don't like ginger, you can replace it with chili or simply leave it out.
Here is what you need:
- 5 large carrots, roughly sliced
- 1 large white onion cut into rough chunks
- 2 cm knob peeled fresh ginger, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp honey
- 500 mL (or more) vegetable stock
- soured cream for the finish (if wanted), thyme
- black pepper
How to make it:
- soften onions in a little bit of olive oil, add ginger and carrots and cover with a lid
- stir from time to time an fry for ca. 10 mins.
- add the honey, stir through and add stock
- simmer with a closed lid until carrots are soft
- blend until smooth, if needed, add more stock
- just before serving, top each individual portion with a dollop of soured cream and season with thyme and coarse ground black pepper and drizzle over a bit olive oil