Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Dec 1, 2011

Kokos Makronen - Coconut Macaroons

Ok, I have to admit, that this is not a "macaroon" in the original sense, but there is simply no better translation of the german "Makrone". If anyone knows a better word, pls let me know!

But, they are simple to make and really delicious:

Here is what you need:

  • 3 egg whites
  • 125 g caster sugar
  • 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
  • 200g of grated coconut
And how to make them:
  • whip the egg white with the lemon juice so that you get stiff peaks 
  • fold in the sugar followed by the grated coconut
  • line a baking tray with grease proof paper
  • with two teaspoons, put small heaps of the mixture on the tray
  • bake at 175 °C for roughly 15 mins. The macaroons should still be soft but can get a little bit browned on the outside
You can also replace the cocnut with ground haselnuts. Equally nice!
Enjoy and have a fabulous 2nd Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment