Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Dec 1, 2011

Zimtsterne - Cinnamon Stars


Ok, here we have the first of hopefully a few christmas recipes. It is definitely one of my favorites and a famous christmas cookie in Germany - Zimtsterne.

Once baked, keep them in a tin so they won't dry out and get hard. The softer they are, the better is the taste.




Here are the ingredients:
  • 3 egg whites
  • 250 g icing sugar
  • 250 g ground almonds (skin on)
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • additional 200 g of ground almonds
This how to make them:
  • whip the eggwhites with the icing sugar into a firm, glossy mass, of that mixture take one cup full and put aside
  • to the rest, add the 250 g of ground almonds and fold them in carefully, add the cinnamon
  • cover the work bench with more ground almonds and put on the dough, patting it down to roughly 1cm in height
  • spread the extra egg mixture evenly on top and cut out star shapes and set them on a greased baking tray
  • let them dry out a bit before baking them for 7-8 mins in the oven (160 °C)
That's it, just enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment