Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Aug 20, 2012

Pear-Granita

Hi everyone,

I know, it has been ages since I last posted a recipe. I had a lot of stuff going on in my life including moving back to Berlin. This post here was long overdue since I first made the pear-granita way back in spring.
Anyways, this is what you need:

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe pears
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • juice of 1 organic lemon + peel
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups water



And this is how you do it:
  • cut the pears in chunks
  • boil the water with the sugar until fully dissolved, then add pears, cinnamon and lemon juice and peel
  • simmer for at least 30 mins on low heat with lid on
  • then let cool, strain through a sieves, squeezing out all the juices from the pear
  • place in a plastic container and freeze overnight
  • once frozen solid, take a fork and scratch the ice off, it will look a little bit like snow with bigger flakes in it
  • serve directly
If you want, you can also add some liquor, however, the granita will not freeze as good as without. Very refreshing in the heat, nice palate refresher after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment