Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Aug 23, 2012

Summer pasta





Yet another entry this week, I am getting a little bit proud of myself here! ;-)
Talking to a friend after swimming today, I remembered this little recipe for a nice summer pasta.






What you need:

  • 1 chicken breast, diced (for a vegetarian version leave out)
  • 2 carrots, cut into fine stripes (use a peeler)
  • 1 courgette, cut the same way
  • 1 tub of single cream (Schlagsahne)
  • chicken stock cube (or vegetable)
  • spaghetti or fettucine
  • pepper, salt, 1 tsp lemon juice

How to prepare:

  • cook the pasta in salted water al dente
  • fry the chicken in a little bit of olive oil in a pan
  • once browned, add the vegetables, stir through and add the stock cube
  • add the cream, pepper and salt to taste
  • bring to boil and simmer for about 5 mins, there should still be some crunch to the carrots
  • add the pasta directly from the water (the water that comes with it adds to the dish)
  • add lemon juice and stir through again
  • serve with some basil on top, parmesan cheese is good as well
 Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment