Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Jan 29, 2013

Cakes, Cakes, Cakes - Marmorkuchen/Marble Cake

After finishing my teaching job, I wanted to say thank you to my teaching colleagues. What could be better than a home-baked cake. For this occasion I wanted to get back to a standard cake here in Germany as I haven't baked one of those in ages: Marble cake!

I loved it as a child and it is so easy to do...

Ingredients:

  • 3 medium eggs
  • 150 g caster sugar
  • 150 mL oil (rape seed is good here)
  • 250 g flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 150g full fat yoghurt
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder





And how to do it:

  • beat the egg and slowly add sugar
  • after you have obtained a light texture, slowly add the oil while stirring
  • next combine the flour, backing powder and yoghurt and add to the egg mixture
  • now line the baking tin with grease-proof paper or grease the tin thoroughly
  • add half of the batter, then add the cocoa to the rest and mix
  • layer the dark batter on top of the light one and marble both carefully with a knife
  • now bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 °C for 40-45 mins.
  • once cooled, either dust with icing sugar or cover with a chocolate coat

I hope you enjoy this, simple and so good :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment