Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Feb 4, 2013

Steak marinades

Hello everyone,

since I am suffering from a Norovirus infection the past few days (a nasty one that is...) I am constanstly craving for a steak. Honestly, I don't know why. I am not that much of a meat eater at all, but sometimes I like a proper steak. Usually, I add it to a asian glasnoodle salad, a recipe I will have to put up at some point as well. Sometimes I just have it as such with roast potatoes and some green beans. When I just put it on the grill, I like to add a marinade. And that is exactly the reason for this post - steak marinades.


here are two of my favorite ones:

1) Lime and ginger marinade
  • zest and juice of one lime
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 3 tbsp vegetable or sesame oil

2) Rosemary and garlic marinade
  • 1 sprig fresh rosmary, finely chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic, crushed
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  •  3 tbsp olive oil
  • black pepper to taste
For both marinades let the meat sit in the marinade for at least 1 hour, better over night but most certainly in the fridge. I usually marinate my meat (both work for chicken as well btw) in a freezer bag over night. Then remove most of the marinade, otherwise it will burn in the pan. I then heat a griddle pan fairly hot and fry my meat to medium rare, but this is to your own liking. Very important is to let the meat rest after the frying is done, otherwise you will loose all these wonderful juices and your steak will dry out. I then cut it into strips and serve it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment