Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Feb 24, 2013

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanutbutter Frosting

Yay, it's Oscar night. And since I still have free time, I can watch it without feeling guilty and be completely overtired the next day. I am not sure I manage the whole show, but I will try my very best. Also, it is time to celebrate one of my favourite flavour combinations, so I will have something to snack on tonight :-)
It is chocolate and peanut butter and it is about time I came along with a new cupcake recipe.




Ingredients for the cupcakes:

  • 125 g butter
  • 125 g sugar
  • 125 g flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 medium free range eggs
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp vanilla sugar/vanilla extract
  • 4 tbsp milk
And how to make them:

  • beat the butter until creamy
  • add sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla, and cocoa and mix
  • add the eggs, for extra fluffyness you can also separate the eggs and whip the eggwhites before carefully folding them in with the rest
  • add the milk
  • spoon into muffin tin (with muffin papers)
  • bake in a preheated oven at 190 °C for 20-25 mins.
Now on to the frosting:

  • I only give rough directions as I never measure it out...
  • take 2 large tbsp of creamy peanut butter and equal amounts of butter and whip until soft and creamy
  • add a pinch of salt
  • now slowly add icing sugar while constant whipping until you have the consistency you are looking for
  • then add a bit more icing sugar, so that it looks a bit too dry
  • now add a little bit of milk and bring it back to a smooth paste
  • that's it
Once the cupcakes are cooled, add the frosting in any style you like and top with some crushed peanuts. I use the roastes salted one to have a bit of contrast to the very sweet buttercream frosting. It's a bit like salted caramel. But you might as well use unsalted ones or leave them out completely.

And now, the winner is....


No comments:

Post a Comment