Weekend is approaching and I was again in need of chocolate (Don't ask me why...). Cookies are a yummy treat and I usually don't make them as they will just dissappear into thin air shortly after backing...
These ones are definitely among my favorites. For the cups I use a 200 mL coffee mug.
- 125 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 large egg or two small ones
- 1/3 cup unsweatened cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- as much roughly chopped white chocolate as you like, I use 1 bar of 150 g
And how it works:
- heat the oven to 175 °C (no fan)
- beat the butter until soft, add both sugars and the vanilla and beat until fluffy
- next add the egg and stir well
- add the cocoa and mix, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, mix well
- now carefully fold in the chopped chocolate
- spoon out roughly one tbsp of dough onto a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper
- make sure to leave some space between the heaps
- now, with damp hands, pat the dough slightly down
- bake for 15-18 mins, not more, the cookies will first look slightly underdone, but they are good, believe me
- let cool on the tray for a bit and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- as a tip, the cookies are really good when still a bit warm!