Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Mar 15, 2013

White chocolate chip cookies

Hello there!

Weekend is approaching and I was again in need of chocolate (Don't ask me why...). Cookies are a yummy treat and I usually don't make them as they will just dissappear into thin air shortly after backing...

These ones are definitely among my favorites. For the cups I use a 200 mL coffee mug.



Ingredients:

  • 125 g unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1 vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
  • 1 large egg or two small ones
  • 1/3 cup unsweatened cocoa
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • as much roughly chopped white chocolate as you like, I use 1 bar of 150 g

And how it works:

  • heat the oven to 175 °C (no fan)
  • beat the butter until soft, add both sugars and the vanilla and beat until fluffy
  • next add the egg and stir well
  • add the cocoa and mix, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, mix well
  • now carefully fold in the chopped chocolate
  • spoon out roughly one tbsp of dough onto a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper
  • make sure to leave some space between the heaps
  • now, with damp hands, pat the dough slightly down
  • bake for 15-18 mins, not more, the cookies will first look slightly underdone, but they are good, believe me
  • let cool on the tray for a bit and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
  • as a tip, the cookies are really good when still a bit warm!
Enjoy with a cup of tea or a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment