Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Mar 24, 2013

Pear and Raspberry Crumble

Hello and a happy sunday!

I have bought some pears last week and they seemed to have ripened overnight. So what to do??? One of my favorite combinations is pears and raspberries, and since I always have some of those sitting in the freezer, I thought a crumble it is. It is also a good opportunity to use up some white chocolate I have had in my storing cupboard since I made these white chocolate cookies.
I can't give exact measurements on this crumble, as I kind of make it just with rough judging.

I still try my best and tell you what I used:

For the crumble mixture:

  • 2 tbsp of ground almonds
  • 2 tbsp of oats (I used my porridge oats)
  • 2 heaped tbsp of flour
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • roughly 100 g cold cubed butter
  • pinch of salt
For the fruits:

  • 3 ripe but not over pears
  • a large handful of frozen raspberries
  • 20 g grated white chocolate
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • optional: 1 tbsp caster sugar
And how to make it:

  • first heat the oven to 175 °C (no fan)
  • then make the crumble mixture: mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl together
  • then, with you hands, rub the diced cold butter in there until you get a crumbly texture
  • if too dry, add more butter, if too wet, add more flour
  • then onto the fruit: peel and core the pears and cut into small pieces
  • in a bowl mix with the lemon juice and the flour
  • if your pears are rather sour, you can add some sugar here, I prefer however not to do that
  • fill your pear mixture into the bottom of an oven proof dish
  • top with a layer of frozen raspberries, then sprinkle with white chocolate (any chocolate will do)
  • now evenly distribute your crumble mix, make sure to cover the fruit to the rim of the dish
  • put in the oven and bake for 45 mins or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling
  • and now serve up straight from the oven
  • add some cream, ice cream, or vanilla sauce
I have mine pure as it is and I have to hold back not to finish the whole dish at once :-)






Have a lovely week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment