Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Apr 27, 2013

Late morning breakfast frittata

Hello and yes, I know, it's been awhile...


I started work this month and was busy doing a lot of other stuff, too, so this is the first entry in a month. I promise to get better again :-)

I was out last night and had a fantastic experience in a karaoke bar with two fantastic singer friends. Naturally, I woke up a bit later than the usual this morning and was craving for a hearty but not too heavy breakfast. What could have been better than a frittata!





Ingredients:

  • 1 whole egg, 1 eggwhite
  • splash of milk
  • pinch of baking powder
  • half a red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin stripes
  • two spring onions, but into small rings
  • fresh or dried chili, to taste
  • handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • handful of grated parmesan cheese
  • pepper and salt
  • tbsp olive oil
  • chopped coriander or any other herb you like

And how to do it:

  • heat oven to 150 °C
  • in an oven prove pan, heat the olive oil and fry the onions together with the chili and peppers until just soft
  • meanwhile prepare a mixture of the eggs, milk and baking powder, season with pepper and salt and mix properly
  • pour the egg mixture over the peppers, onions and chilies
  • top with the tomatoes and sprinkle with grated cheese
  • and now transfer the pan into the oven and bake for 20-30 mins
  • when you get it out of the oven, loosen the sides with a rubber spatula and transfer onto a plate
  • sprinkle with coriander and serve while still hot
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment