Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Mar 16, 2013

My favorite Salsa and Garlic-Miso Chicken

This salsa is something I wanted to post a very long time ago...
It is my absolutely favorite salsa of all times and it took quite some experimenting to get it right. It goes well with chicken, fish or steak, it is a perfect side for BBQ and is also good just as a salad. Seriously, you can tell I really like it. I hope you do to :-)
For the chicken I used the roasted garlic-miso butter from Use Real Butter. It is absolutely fabulous. I made the chicken legs as described in the recipe before and they are a good treat. This time I just used it to flavour my chicken breast. I rubbed the breast with the butter and then baked it in the oven until golden brown for about 25 mins at 175 °C. I also scored the breast to allow better cooking. And make sure you really take the time to roast the garlic. It is such a good companion to the miso!

But this is all about THE salsa, so here is the list of ingredients:

  • 1 ripe avocado (I use hass in a medium size)
  • 1/2 mango
  • 15-20 cherry tomoatoes
  • 2 spring onions
  • 1/2 deseeded red chili to your own taste
  • half a bunch of coriander leaves
  • juice of half a lemon and half a lime
  • good swig of fruity olive oil
  • 1 tsp honey
  • salt, pepper

And how to do the assembly:

  • cut the avocado, the mango, and the tomatoes into small dice (you really want small here)
  • finely slice the onions
  • chop up the chili
  • in a bowl mix all the above, then add lemon+lime juice, olive oil and honey, toss carefully
  • roughly chop the coriander and add to the bowl
  • season with salt and pepper to taste
  • and now, this is important, let marinate in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour, otherwise the flavours won't develop
  • before serving let come to room temperature
  • keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment