Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Feb 14, 2013

Honey, Lime & Ginger Prawns

I had nearly forgotten the bag of prawns in my freezer. But I remembered them in time and I came up with this recipe for them, partially inspired by the internet... You can leave out the ginger and/or the garlic but it's way better with both in :-)





Ingredients:

  • juice and zest of one large lime (or two small ones)
  • walnut-sized piece of ginger, grated
  • 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
  • 2 tbsp of honey
  • pepper and salt, chili flakes if you like
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 20-25 king prawns, shelled, raw

And how to make them:


  • mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a freezer bag
  • make sure all the honey is dissolved
  • then add the prawns - if you use frozen ones like me, let them sit in the marinade until they are thawed and came to room temperature, if not, put bag in the fridge and let marinate for 1 h, then remove and let come to room temperature
  • once ready, take out of marinade and put on skewers and fry in the hot griddle pan
  • alternatively put in an oven-proof dish and bake for 20 mins at 180 °C
  • the honey will caramelise and therefore the prawns will become partially dark, but that doesn't matter at all
  • serve with some salad or just with some bread
  • if you want, you can boil the rest of the marinade for about 5 mins and use it as a sauce to drizzle over your prawns (don't forget to dunk the bread :-)

Enjoy as a starter or as a light lunch. I had mine for dinner, followed by a bowl of carrot&coriander soup :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment