Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

May 18, 2013

Flourless Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies


Yes, you read correctly, chocolate cookies again :-) You can't have enough of chocolate cookie recipes in my opinion! These fabulous little chocolate bombs are flour- and butterless, but they involve lots of sugar and chocolate.

I found the recipe over at Divine Baking. I can assure you, that you don't need a Kitchen Aid for this recipe, but I'd still like to have one... :-)



Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate, cut into rough chunks
  • 3 large eggwhites at room temperature
  • 2 cups icing sugar
  • 3/4 cup of dark cocoa powder (not the sweetened one here!)
  • 1 tbs corn starch
  • pinch of salt
How to make it:

  • mix 3/4 of a cup icing sugar with the cocoa and the corn starch, set aside
  • melt 1 cup of the dark chocolate in a bowl and let cool to hand warm afterwards
  • beat the egg whites with the salt until soft peaks appear, then, spoon by spoon add 1 cup of icing sugar until you have a proper meringue texture
  • now slowly beat in the dry ingredients
  • once the dark chocolate is cooled, fold it carefully under the egg mixture, followed by the rest of the chopped chocolate
  • this is where I had problems following the original recipe: it says, that the dough stiffens upon addition of the chocolate
  • this didn't happen in my case, however, I put the bowl into the fridge for 10 mins and voila, here we are, a proper dough you can roll into balls
  • that is exactly what you do, take a tbs of dough and roll it into a ball shape
  • now roll it in the remaining icing sugar and cover it thickly 
  • place on a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper and bake until the surface is cracked (12-15 mins) at 175 °C
  • now make sure the cookies cool completely before transfering them, they will remain soft and are easy to break
  • Mine didn't last very long (I took them to work), so I have no idea, how long you can store them.. But that might not be an issue for you as well!
Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment