Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Jan 6, 2012

Quick Pear & Blue Cheese Tarte

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you enjoyed the festive season as much as I did and your start into 2012 was fabulous. I certainly had (actually still have) a very relaxing break and now I am looking forward to going back to work (yes, really!)





As first post for the new year, I chose this very quick, adaptable and yummy recipe using ready-made puff pastry.




Ingredients:

  • puff pastry (1 pack or as much as you like)
  • 1 small or half a large pear (preferably a bit sour and with crunch, not too sweet)
  • blue cheese to your liking (I used a creamy gorgonzola but I guess almost every blue cheese would do)
  • soured cream
  • roughly chopped walnuts
  • parsley, pepper
How to make it:

  • roll out the puff pastry, 1 cm from the edges, cut lines parallel to the edges with a sharp knife, but don't pierce the dough (this will give you slighty higher risen edges of your tarte, so the filling won't escape)
  • cover the inner box with soured cream (generous portion), add the sliced pears, sprinkle the walnuts and crumble blue cheese over
  • make sure the rim is still dry, otherwise it won't rise
  • bake in a preaheat oven at 150 °C (no fan) for roughly 15-20 mins (but this depends on the cheese you use!)
  • sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground black pepper


That's it. You might also want to try different toppings, some of my favorites are figs and parma ham, smoked salmon and spring onions or chickenbreast and black olives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment