Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Nov 13, 2011

Chocolate Snaps

Dark Chocolate Snaps with Pistacchios


To begin with, a really quick and lovely way of treating chocolate - chocolate snaps.
I love them in dark with chopped salted pistacchios topping, but I think any sort of chocolate and nut would work. How about milk chocolates with haselnuts or white chocolates with almonds?
This is how I make them:



  • Melt 100 g of good quality chocolate over hot water. Don't stirr too much, otherwise it'll split and get grainy
  • When melted, pour with a teaspoon small circles (I do about 2-3 cm in diameter) on grease proof paper
  • Before cooled, top with chopped nuts
  • Let cool well before eating, I usually put them in the freezer for 10 mins or so
  • Keep in the fridge
Mine won't keep long though :-) I usually add some ground cardamom or some vanilla pods, depending on the chocolate, but this is to your own taste.
I hope all chocolate lovers will try and enjoy this simple recipe as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment