Welcome!

I am really passionate about my cooking and I do like to share recipes with other cooks and bakers. This is my idea of how to do this. I hope you like it and will contribute with your own recipes! Simply comment or send me an email, I will put them up asap. Enjoy cooking!

Nov 15, 2011

Rübli-Cupcakes (Carrot Cupcakes)

Rübli-Cupcakes
And these one I made last sunday. They are very simple but a bit different to the carrot cake. But be careful, even though there isn't much fat in the cupcakes itself, the frosting is a little bomb...


Anyways, here the ingredients:




  • 2 M eggs, separated
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 70 g caster sugar
  • 100 g ground almonds (I took half almonds and half haselnuts, was also very good)
  • 1 Tbsp plain flour
  • 75 g grated carrots (make sure to drain the liquid before you add them, otherwide everything goes soggy)
  • papercups
  • for the frosting you need: 100 g soft butter, 150 g soft cream cheese (phili does well) and 150 g powder sugar
How to make them:

  • preheat oven to 175 °C (150 °C fan)
  • whip the egg whites with the salt until very stiff, then add in the sugar slowly so that you obtain a smooth and glossy texture
  • add one egg yolk after the other, fold them in carefully
  • than add the almonds, flour and grated carrots
  • don't wait too long before spooning the mixture into the paper cups
  • bake for 25- 30 mins and let cool afterwards completely
  • for the frosting mix the butter and cheese and sieve in the powdered sugar
  • spoon the mixture over the cupcakes and let it set 
That's it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment